Monday, February 22, 2010

Otel, Motel..

So Gram thinks I need to post more since she's in freezing cold Florida and my Florentine escapades are her entertainment until it warms up and she can sit out in the sun :) Well, here you go! Last weekend I stayed in Florence and continued my exploration of life outside the "Centre". Megan and her roommates invited me to an aperitivo on the other side of the city which was not such a pretty area but at least we saw something different. Quick correction to a former post: I found out that aperitivo is only about 5 years old in Italy and you are supposed to treat it like dinner. So now I can feel better about pigging out when we go. Friday we went to Rex, the bar across from my apartment, which was nice because a) it was raining and b) if the line for the bathroom was too long we just came home to use ours. Saturday night Megan, Lena, Libby and I cooked dinner at my apartment and then went with a friend to "Otel", a discoteca also outside the Centre that cannot be accessed by most transportationless American students. We were the only non-Italians there and the place was huge. It might be the best kept secret in Florence.
Next week we are going to Lake Garda and Lake Como so I will hopefully have some new pictures up on Flickr soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment