Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Taste

       Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. Mid-terms are this week (I should be studying now but this seemed like a better idea) so I haven't done anything too exciting.  Last weekend my roommate and I visited the "Taste" food and wine festival that was in Florence for a few days.  There were hundreds of stands set up from regions all over Tuscany set up in an abandoned train station a 20 minute walk from our apartment.  For 10 Euro we walked around and sampled pestos, olive oils, chocolates, wines, vodkas, coffees, balsamics, breads, meats, fish, teas - basically every type of food or drink you could ever want.  We stayed for four or five hours and definitely got our money's worth.  At the end was a huge store where you could buy the products - kind of like Ikea (which I reference way too often, but every aspect of Ikea is pure genius and needs constant recognition).  Delicious, fresh Italian food - I think I'll miss you most of all.


        No posting next week as I will be traveling with Mom, Aunt Jill and Lindsey. They get here Friday.  Can't wait!  For now, back to studying. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment